Our Funeral Homes
Planning a Funeral
Making funeral arrangements is often one of the most emotional experiences a family will ever experience. There are many decisions and arrangements that must be made, as you can see from the Funeral Planning Checklist published below.
Our Camacho Family of Funeral Home directors are here to help you make this experience less daunting and stressful. We will be with you every step of the way to make sure that your plans are carried out exactly as you wish.
- Collect personal information for obituary.
- Plan the type of funeral service you will be having.
- Decide when the funeral will be held.
- Decide who will attend.
- Choose a funeral home.
Funeral Home Services
- Choose burial or cremation.
- Select a casket or cremation container.
- Select a burial vault or cremation urn.
- Choose the funeral location.
- Choose family viewing or visitation.
- Decide on the type of flower arrangements.
- Select a photograph to be displayed.
- Decide which religious or fraternal items are to be displayed.
- Decide what the deceased will wear.
- Select music, hymns, and solos.
- Select scripture or literature to be read.
- Select a memorial register.
- Select memorial folders and acknowledgement cards.
- Decide on the transportation.
- Choose clergy or officiator.
- Choose organist.
- Select pallbearers.
- Select family member or friend to perform the eulogy.
- Select family member or friend to read scripture or literature.
- Choose a cemetery.
- Select a burial or cremation plot.
- Decide whether above or below ground.
- Select a memorial or grave marker and inscription.
- Apply for death certificates.
- Apply for a burial permit.
- Request preparation and embalming.
- Compose and submit obituary.
- Arrange location and food for the reception.